After reviewing the work I have done so far, I have decided to chose one diary instead of using text from a range as this would make more sense when displaying the images. Since then I have been working on putting the right image with the right text. I did not want the text to be completely random. Although it would have still had a wildlife and explorer feel, I felt that the text should link to what is shown.
So I have been looking more at individual words from the diary, as well as developing on font and colour.
I have also tried making some words larger.
Visually the work with a paragraph of text with enlarged words looks pleasing but I am uncertain of having much text as it might be a lot for the audience to take in. Therefore I began to cut down on this and playing with sentences.
The idea was to have fonts that gives us a reminder of an old diary. The initial idea was to use a type writer font that is still readable. For the image just above, I played with another font that had a bigger weight and was more dynamic in shape. However I felt this to be quite distracting. The colour I do like because it was influenced be the colour palette of the photo.
The image with the blue text was another experimentation with colour. Because I was focusing more on earthy colours, I wanted to try with brighter ones.